40 Amazing Summer Bucket List ideas
Summer bucket list ideas are an essential investment. They are powerful tools especially if you’ve enlisted your family and created a family bucket list. You can use it to plan exciting summer activities to make memories with your family.
Shilagh Mirgain of the University of Wisconsin (UW) School of Medicine and Public Health says :
everyone should have a bucket list….keeping a bucket list helps us remember what is truly important regarding our own sense of self-fulfillment.
Here’s the thing. It’s time to start ticking off items from your summer bucket list.
It’s summer and time to have some fun. Why don’t you step out of your comfort zone and make the summer bucket list ideas a reality rather than a one-day dream?
Hold a family meeting and get started.
If you are short of time because of work commitments, schedule evening or weekends to checking off an item or two.
Whatever your reason, find a way to work around obstacles to get cracking with fulfilling the dream list.
What’s in it for you as a parent?
• The big opportunity to be with and enjoy your family.
• To chuck your teachable moments and positive parenting rules out the window and up the fun factor with them.
• The chance to really engage and get to know your kids. Taking action to make the summer bucket list ideas come true is an awesome way to connect with your teens as well.
What’s in it for your kids? The chance to see the other side of you.
To see you as more than the corrector of wrongs and the reminder of homework or chores to be done.
So get ready to make awesome memories checking off items on your family wish list.
This post gives you a range of summer bucket list ideas. Choose the most doable ones and just ace them. They are broken down to help you make your choice with ease:
– outdoor family bucket list ideas
– indoor family bucket list ideas
– creative family bucket list idea
– cultural family bucket list ideas
CREATIVE SUMMER BUCKET LIST IDEAS
These creative activities could lead to a side hustle to bring teens extra pocket money or add to the family income.
- 1. Make a family video
2. Create a family playlist
3. Make a music video
- 4. Make personalized gifts
5. Make your own jewellery
6. Publish a family newsletter
7. Write and a family anthem
8. Design a family logo
9. Make exclusive coffee mugs
10. Start a family blog
OUTDOOR FAMILY BUCKET LIST IDEAS
- Summer is the ideal time to tick these items off the wishlist. They are adrenaline-charged sports that leave you tired but happy.
1. Rock climbing
4. Whitewater rafting
7. Bungee jumping
8. Ice skating
9. Horse riding
- INDOOR FAMILY BUCKET LIST IDEAS
Items here may be low on the thrill factor but they are supercharged with life-changing experiences.
- 1. Go to an art exhibition
2. Watch a musical drama
- 3. Learn a foreign language
- 4. Take part in a family quiz
- 5. Learn to play an instrument
- 6. Do a family photoshoot
- 7. Take a cooking class
8. Start a family blog
9. Hold a movie festival
10. Take a photography class
- 1. Go to an art exhibition
BUDGET FRIENDLY FAMILY BUCKET LIST IDEAS
These items are for you if you are cash-strapped.
Transform your backyard into a play area so thrilling even your sulky teen will be begging you for more.
- 1. Create your own water fun park
2. Host a drive-in movie night with your immediate neighbours
3. Have a family camp out
4. Stage your own neighborhood Food Network Barbecue cook-off
5. Organize a community Tug – o – War competition
6. Do a home spa – give beauty treatments and massage.
7. Organize a line dancing competition for friends and family
8. Create and cook a family signature menu
9. Play card and board games
10. Organize a sports event at a local children’s home.
- RELATED: SIMPLE STEPS TO START FAMILY VOLUNTEERING NOW
- Please save to your favourite Pinterest board.
- YOUR TURN
You have a choice – wait for one day or act today. Take a little bitty baby step.
- What’s the worst thing that could happen? You’ll have fun with your loved ones and make lasting memories.
- Not such bad results for taking action now, don’t you think?
- This quote from Paul Coelho sums it up perfectly:
- One day, you will wake up and there won’t be
any more time to do the things
you’ve always wanted.
Do it now.
- Do you have a summer bucket list?
- Have you checked off any items on your list?
- Share your experience in the comments below.
- If you enjoyed this post, please help to share it on Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook.