Can uplifting quotes really boost you when times are tough?
Who would have thought that the whole world would stand united in the fight against a silent, invasive giant killer? Fear and uncertainty threaten us daily so how do you cope when life hurls you through a tough time over and over again?
You want to call a timeout mentally and emotionally just for a little while. I created a super easy way for you to calm down when panic strikes and threatens to overwhelm you. Look out for the special signup form below.
Your sole aim is to retreat, regroup and return to life recharged and ready to cope with any challenge.
I live with a chronic illness so I have some really tough days.
One of my go-to secrets is to seek comfort in my treasured list of quotations.
I have one in particular that speaks to me:
It encourages me and lifts my spirits when I’m too weary of being sick.
Cheesy though it is, I have over the years developed a kind of rating system for a good quote.
This is an extract from 20 BEAUTIFUL FAMILY QUOTES THAT SWELL YOUR HEART WITH LOVE:
Quotes are powerful. For me to love them, they must meet my ICE formula.
• I – inspire
• C – comfort
• E – encourage
This post contains affiliate links which means that I may earn a commission if you use them. I only recommend tools that I use and trust. You can read the full disclosure policy here.
Here are a few ways to use these uplifting quotes as a personal development tool:
1. Enter the quotes about strength that touch your heart on the pages of your journal or planner. This is
my favorite life planner:
2. Use a graphics design program like Canva.com to create a collage of these tough times quotes, print them out and frame them.
3. Turn them into screen savers or wall papers for your phone and computer.
25 Powerful Quotes that inspire hope and courage
1. We all have an unsuspected reserve of strength inside that emerges when life puts us to the test.
2. Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.
3. You may be the only person left who believes in you, but it’s enough.
It takes just one star to pierce a universe of darkness. Never give up.
Richelle E. Goodrich
4. There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there.
Paulo Coelho (‘The Fifth Mountain’
5. The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestlyBuddha7
6. Forget like a child any injury done by somebody immediately. Never keep it in the heart. It kindles hatred.
7. The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.
8. Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work; you don’t give up.
9. You can’t calm the storm, so stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself. The storm will pass.
There is so much stress and anxiety in the world today. It’s vital that you take some time to practice self care so you can cope with the challenges you may be facing,
You also need to have an effective way to calm down quickly when your usual coffee with your BFF seems impossible . Here’s a surprisingly simple way to destress instantly – start coloring as you loved to do when you were a child.
Click the graphic to get your FREE Color me Calm coloring book. Be warned, It’s totally addictive – you may have your whole family coloring away wth you. What a fun family activity to do together!
10. You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.
11. Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
12. I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.
13. Hope doesn’t require a massive chain where heavy links of logic hold it together. A thin wire will do…just strong enough to get us through the night until the winds die down.
Charles R. Swindoll
14. The strongest people I’ve met have not been given an easier life. They’ve learned to create strength and happiness from dark places.
Click the graphic to get your FREE Color me Calm coloring book. Get ready to say goodbye to stress and overwhelm!
15. It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.
16. Fear is a reaction, courage is a decision.
17. We must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope.
Martin Luther King Jr.
18. When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.
19. Facing it, always facing it, that’s the only way to get through. Face it.
20. It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.
21. Tough times never last. but tough people do.
Robert H. Schuller
22. Sometimes you will be in control of your illness and other times you’ll sink into despair, and that’s OK! Freak out, forgive yourself, and try again tomorrow.
25. Maybe life isn’t about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it’s about collecting the scars to prove that we showed up for it.
Final Thoughts on 25 Inspirational Quotes for Strength in Challenging Times
The quotation below sums up what you need to do if you’re facing a crisis or a challenge of some kind. Figure out if it is an obstacle or an opportunity.
What is the difference between an obstacle and an opportunity?
Our attitude toward it. Every opportunity has a difficulty, and every
difficulty has an opportunity.
J. Sidlow Baxter