20 UPLIFTING QUOTES TO BOOST YOU IN TOUGH TIMES Click To Tweet
Can uplifting quotes really boost you when times are tough?
How do you cope when life hurls you through a tough time over and over again?
You want to call a timeout mentally and emotionally just for a little while.
Your sole aim is to retreat, regroup and return to life recharged and ready to cope with any challenge.
I live with a chronic illness so I have some really tough days.
One of my go-to secrets is to seek comfort in my treasured list of quotations.
I have one in particular that speaks to me:
It encourages me and lifts my spirits when I’m too weary of being sick.
- 1. Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.
2. You may be the only person left who believes in you, but it’s enough.
It takes just one star to pierce a universe of darkness. Never give up. Richelle E. Goodrich
3. The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.
6. Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work; you don’t give up.
8. You can’t calm the storm, so stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself. The storm will pass.
9. Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
11. It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.
12. Hope doesn’t require a massive chain where heavy links of logic hold it together. A thin wire will do…just strong enough to get us through the night until the winds die down.
Charles R. Swindoll
14. The strongest people I’ve met have not been given an easier life. They’ve learned to create strength and happiness from dark places.
15. Sometimes you will be in control of your illness and other times you’ll sink into despair, and that’s OK! Freak out, forgive yourself, and try again tomorrow.
17. We must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope.
Martin Luther King Jr.
18. When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.
20. Maybe life isn’t about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it’s about collecting the scars to prove that we showed up for it.
The quotation below sums up what you need to do if you’re facing a crisis or a challenge of some kind. Figure out if it is an obstacle or an opportunity.
What is the difference between an obstacle and an opportunity?
Our attitude toward it. Every opportunity has a difficulty, and every
difficulty has an opportunity.
J. Sidlow Baxter