It’s the start of a new year. The perfect opportunity for new beginnings and change. Perhaps you’ve been through a few personal difficulties and you’re a little nervous about what the new year holds for you.
Here’s the thing – you need to kickstart your life with a new beginning, with a fresh start to get out of the tired, dusty path you’ve been treading so far.
It’s a new year. Why not be adventurous – take a vacation to Vietnam or India, where the culture is very different to what you’re used to? Or supercharge your life by studying a new course or trying a different exercise program to the one you’re used to.
Only you can change your life for the better by freeing yourself from the choices you made previously.
New beginnings are always difficult. But let’s take a cue from Oprah Winfrey, much loved and admired today. But she faced monumental challenges and many attempts to start over before gaining fame and success.
She had a really tough life – born to a poor teenage mom, sexually abused at 9, pregnant at 14 – all the ingredients for disaster.
Her fresh start came when she went to live with her father who encouraged her to develop good habits. She studied hard and this led to a scholarship to Tennessee State University where she majored in communications.
But things were not exactly peachy with her career in the media. She was fired by the producer of the local television station she worked at for being ‘ unfit for television.’
She chose to make a fresh start when she relocated to Chicago to host a radio show. That proved to be the start of her spectacular career as a media superstar.
25 INSPIRING QUOTES TO UPLEVEL YOUR LIFE
1. Dissatisfaction is a great starting point, for it is right there that
we have the most power, strength, and energy to push change through.
2. Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently.
3. The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.
4. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
5. Let go of yesterday. Let today be a new beginning and be the best that you can, and you’ll get to where God wants you to be.
6. Each day is a new beginning, the chance to do with it what should be done and not to be seen as simply another day to put in time.
7. You can learn new things at any time in your life if you’re willing to be a beginner. If you actually learn to like being a beginner, the whole world opens up to you.
8. It’s never too late to become who you want to be. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over.
F. Scott Fitzgerald
9. There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth… not going all the way, and not starting.
10. Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.
11. Nourish beginnings, let us nourish beginnings. Not all things are blest, but the seeds of all things are blest. The blessing is in the seed.
12. Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams and take risks. Life is happening now.
13. Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.
14. Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.
15. Realize that if a door closed, it’s because what was behind it wasn’t meant for you.
16. One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.
17. New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.
18. Whatever you do or dream you can do – begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
19. The darkest night is often the bridge to the brightest tomorrow. Jonathan Lockwood Huie
20. Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.
21. Every day is a new beginning. Treat it that way. Stay away from what might have been, and look at what can be.
Marsha Petrie Sue
22. A new day: Be open enough to see opportunities. Be wise enough to be grateful. Be courageous enough to be happy.
Dr. Steve Maraboli
23. The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.
Get more ways to accelerate your life at tonyrobbins.com.
24. A fresh start – a new day – a new month – a new year. Do you see each day as a fresh start or are you carrying yesterday into this brand new day? See the possibilities of beginning anew.
Theodore W. Higginsworth
25. There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind. C.S. Lewis
Do you have a favorite quote that inspires you to make a fresh start? Please share it in the comments below.